Poetry Night at the Kirk
February 23, 2024 7:00pm
What is poetry but a raft that drifts up to one floundering at sea.
A flashlight without batteries or crank.
A way of saying that which cannot be said, and seeing the unseen.
The dearest freshness of deep down things.
A periscope to peer into the future, and seeing the future gaze back at us.
A mouthful of air – the wind the wind was meant to be.
Words strung together that become charged with electricity.
If you would like to join a few Kirk members and friends in a night sharing poetry, we’d love to have you join us.
- Who: Anyone who loves poetry is invited!
- What: A Celebration of Poetry for Young and Old
- When: Friday, February 23rd from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
- Where: St. Andrew's Room
- Cost: Free, but attendees will be expected to bring at least one poem to share! Register yourself and your poem prior to the event.
- Hosts: Jesse Mason and Rev. Dr. Andrew McDonald